Our teams compete at the "B" level
Our season is year-round - fall ball, winter training, and the spring/summer season.
- August through Late October
- Practices, Strength & Conditioning Training, Scrimmages, Tournaments
- November through February
- Indoor Practices, Strength & Conditioning Training, Hitting/Pitching Lessons
- March through May
- Indoor/Outdoor Practices, Scrimmages, Tournaments
- 14u, 16u & 18u levels will not play during this time due to the IHSA high school seasons.
The travel season typically starts in August and runs through July. The younger girls (pre-high school) start playing games when the weather breaks in March/April whereas the high school players start after the high school season ends, typically the first week of June.
Nationals/World Series are week-long tournaments that run the last week of July or the first week of August. The Blazers require every player to attend Nationals if the team earns a bid.
Teams participate in 7-9 tournaments. The younger groups (ages 10-14) have a longer season and play 40-60 games, while the high school girls average 35-50 games during the summer season.
Each year we host tournaments for all age levels, and are always complimented on the fields and professionalism of the Park District. We count on the support of the parents and players in the tournaments we host as parental support is key to the success of our tournaments. Whether the tournament is run in the Fall or Summer, each family is required to work the tournament relevant to their age division. The tournament profits are used to offset player expenses at Nationals as well as fund organization wide events.